Here's where things stand as of today.
My contractor came out to see the old house about a week ago. He had a lot of positive things to say and financially it's looking like it could be a better deal than building new!
I am holding off on letting myself freak out and get super excited because the couple selling the house is waiting on their banker, lawyer etc. to decide if they can for sure sell the house.
Our contractor told us we need to know what we are going to do by July 4th if we want to keep our August start date. We have the August start date planned regardless of whether we go with our new build plans or remodel the old house. I am really hoping to be able to keep things moving along so we don't have to push back our plans.
Right now, there are a lot of unknown factors and unfortunately I am not in control of any of them.
So, I wait.
I am no good at waiting. I've started sorting through drawers and closets, beginning to organize and weed out stuff for the eventual move. It is the only thing I can do right now that feels like progress towards getting a new home.
I will be keeping you posted as I know more!
Thanks for stopping by! Any tips for preparing for the move? I'd love to hear them!
P.S. Just as I was finishing this up, the contractor called! He was just checking on progress on my end, guess he heard my pleas!